As I thought this weekend flew by. Here are a few points of interest:
- Amen to my sister’s last post about my aunt and uncle’s marriage. It was fabulous news today. I give all the glory to God…we’ve all been praying for a miracle and it happened. Great news to receive on Easter…one more reason to praise Him today!
- My grandfather had another heart attack last night. Please pray for him as they will go in at 7am tomorrow.
- Still no hardwoods. The big orange box will be getting a call in the morning. Not very happy. At. all.
- I have finally officially watched The Godfather in full. I thought it was a great movie. And you may not believe it, but I had no clue that was Al Pacino, Robert Redford OR Diane Keaton the first time through. I watched it a second time with Scott tonight.
- Our choir special was awesome this morning. If nothing else, I know the choir was moved. Our closing song was Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone).
- After stuffing myself with ham, candy and more candy, I may have to look into my own weight loss plan.
- The newspaper article about OTH will definitely be in this week’s paper, probably available Tuesday.
- This is my last week in my read the Bible in 90 Days program. Currently I’m a day ahead and the plan is technically for 88 days so I’m hoping to finish a little early. I’m so very glad I did it.
- And most importantly, Emma told me today that she asked Jesus into her heart!!! We were talking about the real meaning of Easter and she said she knew it all and Jesus wasn’t in the tomb and he lives in our hearts. I said Yes, if you ask Him. She said I already did. I was shocked and she didn’t seem too open to answer questions so I let a few minutes go by and asked her more and she said she had not done it at school or church, that she had done it a one night while we were saying our bedtime prayers. She said she did it “a long time ago”. I have no idea what she may understand at this point but I do know it starts with childlike faith and she can build on what she knows. Hallelujah, thank you, Jesus!
This has been a great Easter weekend, I hope yours has been too!!