- Scott went and picked up the mirror yesterday. So excited that it is here. I feel the need to mention we got it for free again. Thanks, again and again to my friend.
- I ordered the lighting yesterday but it’s back-ordered for a week. I can’t do anything to the mirror until I get the lighting.
- We bought the tile on Monday night. Scott will be installing it as well as the new toilet and molding this weekend.
- We got a quote on the laminate counter top. The lady said it’d be just as cheap to get it formed instead of Scott buying sheets and trying to do it himself. $675 to get it formed and Scott would still need to cut out the sink hole. I called today to get the quote on just the sheets. $85 for all of it. Just as cheap? She’s crazy and Scott will be at least attempting to do it himself. Worse case, we trash it and spend the money and we’re out less than $100. For $85 why have I waited so long??
- We still need to go look for glass tile for the back splash. I’m going to allow myself to spend extra here if the counter top works out.
- Turns out Scott and I disagree heavily on the sink. He still wants stainless steel even though Sally suggested an almond/biscuit porcelain. I’ll have to decide this before the counter top.
- I’m having a hard time finding a rug.
- I need to finalize and order the lighting.
- Mom found a lamp for my yellow cabinet for $15. Score! (See below)
- We bought a new picture for above the bed for $50 (!) and moved the existing one to the other wall.
- I got quotes on getting the closet doors replaced with mirrored doors. Not sure if I mentioned that recommendation on the original post. It was going to be $800 for both closets. I nixed that idea quickly.
- The only other thing sitting out there is we’d like to get a flat screen so we can get all the electronics off the large dresser. We may just have to treat ourselves for our anniversary for this. But shhhh…Scott hasn’t heard that idea yet.
Again, see the original plan here.