Today’s Frequently Asked Question was: What is the will of God?
Before you can know God’s will you have to say yes to Jesus. Your choices don’t matter until you give Him Lordship. Once He is Lord, we are to be a living sacrifice.
God puts guard rails in our life to keep us “on the road”:
- Providential Will of God – God gives us freedom in many things but sometimes God says, nope, you’re doing it! (Jonah)
- Moral Will – Us doing what God outlines in Scripture. These things are not natural and culture usually promotes against His word. God says do not conform.
- Personal, specific will – If you are following #1 and 2, 3 usually comes easier. You must be surrendered before you ask…should I marry him? should I take this job?
Ways to know his personal specific will:
- Make sure it doesn’t conflict with God’s word.
- Look for open and closed doors
- Consult other people that have God’s best interest
- Must have peace
You can check out http://northrockhill.com/messages/ for the full message online.
In light of upcoming job changes, I REALLY needed that list. I was on the right track but just a great reminder.