- Lexi had a birthday party so the rest of us went to Moe’s. Welcome to Moe’s! Some of my favorite words!
- The girls spent the night with Scott’s parents and Scott and I played video games and read. Wild and crazy I tell ya. I actually read Jon Acuff’s new book Gazelles, Baby Steps and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt. If you are a Dave Ramsey-er it’s a must read. The Free Spirit and Nerd Scorecards chapters were worth the entire book. For the record, I’m a certified Nerd. But we knew that.
- Scott and I did some major Christmas shopping at Target. Scott is the best at this. Give him a name, point him in the direction of a department with a budget and he’s locked and loaded, ready to demolish our Christmas list. It’s fantastic for this indecisive shopper that’s been shopping for 2 months.
- From there, we ran an errand for the church’s Christmas Boutique happening next week.
- The kids were just getting done with the Christmas parade in town so we fought the very congested traffic and managed to make the transfer.
- Saturday afternoon was spent wrapping all the presents we bought. I would like to state for the record that Scott only wrapped 2 presents this year. One of mine and our dog’s. I’m not bitter or anything. Curious though, who does the wrapping in your house?
- Saturday night we had Jaynee’s annual White Elephant Exchange so the kids headed off with Mom and Dad to their Christmas play. Scott and I had a great time and walked away with reusable Barbie bags which the girls have LOVED toting around. I have to mention the girls wore their Christmas dresses for the first time of the season and we made a quick stop at Wal-Mart to get them some hose. It’s the first time we didn’t get white or black tights but got them nude hose. They couldn’t decide if they were professional dancers or ice skaters. I think in the video below they had decided they were headed for RiverDance. In any case, I’m pretty sure Emma would be ok with wearing a pair every day. Which, funny enough, would put her in good company with my Grandma whom I have never seen without a pair of pantyhose on. Who also, God love her (as she would say), called and told me she was shopping at Toys For Us for the kids on Saturday.
- We were all exhausted Sunday morning so we didn’t make it to the early service for church. After that, we had lunch with his parents and then Scott spent the afternoon riding his bike while the girls and I played Barbies. I had forgotten how fun it is to play with Barbie hair. I gave at least 6 Barbies hair makeovers. The kids are all, “Woooowww, her hair looks so much better.” Yes, better than that awful nest it was before.
- Sunday evening I had a coffee date planned with Becky. We had rescheduled the date about fifty eleven times (yes, that’s a number) and so I kept it while Scott took the girls to our old church’s cantata.
So that was our weekend. We have a busy week ahead of us. I’m helping at the Operation Christmas Child processing center tonight, having coffee with Melissa, holding a Mary Kay party and then helping out with the Christmas Boutique at church Saturday. Whew! Going to be quite the week!