And by menses, I do mean multiple men. We were utterly amazed at the difference between men in New York and men in the South. No wonder some people complain when they come South. We determined in the South, there are really only a few types of (casual) dressers.
- The jeans and tennis shoes guy
- The shorts and flip flops guy
- A mix of the above. Like, some guy will wear shorts and tennis shoes or jeans and flip flops
- The Wranglers and boots guy
- The 3X shirt and 5 sizes too big low-slung jeans and tennis shoes guy
That about covers it all. Scott is a tennis shoes guy with jeans in the winter and shorts in the summer. I would venture to guess Dani would say her husband is a tennis shoes and shorts guy all year round. The rednecks true Southern men wear Wranglers and boots (don’t get me wrong on the redneck comment….just go look at Ree’s husband in some Wranglers..there is NO complaining here).
But in New York? You know what we saw? A tourist OR a hot local man. And said hot man was wearing:
- Designer jeans that fit very nicely
- A shirt. Usually a printed tee. Maybe a tight sweater.
- Or, if we were lucky, he had a suit on but hey, it was the weekend.
- Sometimes a short, well-fit black leather jacket
- Nice shoes..either box-toe dress shoes or cute oxford tennis shoes.
- If it was a bit chilly, a nice scarf
- And usually, the really hot ones had shaved their heads
- And usually they were of some descent that made them tan. Couldn’t figure out WHAT they were. Arabic? Mexican? Italian?
And this was the NORM. Every corner we were going WOW, he was hot, wow, he was hot. In fact, Heather started snapping undercover photos on her iPhone of the guys. And if she didn’t have the right angle? She passed her phone to me so *I* could snap the photo. It became almost a game and let me tell you, it was a fun one.
As soon as we hit the airport Monday morning, our luck was out and we were quickly greeted by many jeans/flip-flop guys who in their own right can be cute but nothing like a HOT New York man. And don’t you even second-guess there will be a shopping trip for Scott coming up!
And just for fun, here are just two of them snapped at the #HBC dinner Saturday night. The guy sitting down had a multi-color scarf on on his way out. And wow, the second one is still HOT. Like, Wentworth Miller HOT.