I’ve spent a lot of this week on “Vintage Amy”. Here’s some randomness from real life this week and upcoming weekend.
- Looks like I’m going to Indianapolis for work the first week in May. We’re doing a big system conversion in November and we’re doing a bunch of design stuff all week with the vendor. I’m just looking forward to the King size bed and free WIFI in my OWN ROOM. Lexi on the other hand is not so excited. I told the girls I’d be gone and she said, “No, Mommy, stay home.” She’s such a mommy’s girl. I know she’ll do fine though.
- Scott signed us up for dinner guests tonight. Some guy my parents know is going to do something to our new TV to make it better. And that’s all I know. I’m just cooking the chicken fajitas.
- The girls have an egg hunt tomorrow at church. Hopefully the weather will clear up and they can have fun with that. They are at a great age for that. I still remember my grandmother having one every year for all my cousins.
- Sunday we’ll be going to church and then eating the rest of the day between our parents’ houses.
- I got done with our youth group’s web site! Just need final approval and will put it out soon! Yay!
- That new Southland show was crazy. I described it on Twitter like COPS on crack. Very gritty but there’s some sort of reality trainwreck quality to it that makes you keep watching. Ryan Atwood is good in it. He will keep me watching if nothing else.
- I’m really liking the new Dollhouse show. I got caught up with it this week and really hope ratings improve so it will get another season.
- We got XM Radio this week. Loving the online version. Waiting on some accessories to get the set hooked up in the car. To use the “built-in” features for Honda, it would cost $475 for the setup. No thanks.
- Still working on my non-novel. I’m sitting at 41,540 words right now. I think I can hit 50,000. And for those of you who have read this far, here’s another excerpt. And for the record, it’s REALLY hard posting these. Partly because I haven’t gone back to edit it but mostly because I don’t want to give anything away!
“I’ve just made this worse. I shouldn’t have…” I got up and pulled away as he still was holding my arm. He let me go without saying anything else. I could see when I left he had one hand on his waist and the other was holding his head with his other hand. I was so selfish. I was torturing us both for no reason. I needed him to get over me and having him say that was unfair to both of us. Part of me was relieved. Relieved and happy that his feelings hadn’t changed. That they seemed as strong as ever. But part of me was even more heartbroken that they hadn’t. That mine hadn’t. That we were stuck in this situation. I stopped in at the lady’s room, let the door shut and leaned against the wall and squeezed my eyes shut, making a few more tears fall and catch on my shirt. I put my hands up at my chest and felt my own heart. Still a 180.