We had a beautiful wedding weekend in Pennsylvania. Mornings were spent around our hosts’ pool and the evenings at The Hayloft where one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve seen took place. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you’ve heard me beg you to look at the pictures but if not, please take a moment and look at the photographer’s set here. You can see my set here where you can take a sneak peek of my purple dress I mentioned Thursday which you will not care about at all as you drool over the wedding.
Other random notables from the weekend:
- My infection cleared up and I could finally talk with a normal voice on Saturday.
- Lexi threw up at Friday night. Yay for cleaning that up in someone else’s house with no help at 2am.
- Emma got sick during the rehearsal dinner. Thankfully it was only a fever and thankfully it was at the groom’s parents rental house and she was able to knock out on the couch.
- Our host had a July 4th party that we crashed while we were there. They sure know how to throw down some food. Ribs, shrimp, scallops, pies, etc, etc.
- Our host got up before we left on Monday morning and made Scott an entire blueberry pie since he couldn’t make it to their party. The look on his face when he got it was priceless.
- I thought we might be missing on the July 4th fireworks but the display at the wedding was spectacular! I was legit ooh-ing and ahh-ing, particularly at the finale.
- My cousin was so gorgeous. I just can’t stop saying it. I think my favorite part of the whole wedding though was the horse and buggy bringing the girls in as the groomsmen walked the aisle. The clip-clop of the horses seriously took my breath away. A close second was the father-daughter dance at the reception. Or the bridesmaid’s toast. Seriously some good stuff.
- All that said, we did over 20 hours of driving this weekend. I don’t want to take a long trip for a long time!