So we’re doing a test run of the budget/envelope system. We have 1 week before we officially start but I thought we’d do a week of a test run of envelopes with things like blow money, clothes and food in envelopes. Here’s what I’ve had to resist in just 24 hours:
- Extra energy jelly beans for running/biking for me and Scott from the running store. ($10)
- Anything at Old Navy. I feel compelled to buy something when I walk through the doors. (> $25)
- Fall decorations and a blanket at Wal-mart. ($20)
- Ice cream for me and the girls at the new TCBY that was recommended. ($10)
- And how’s this for ironic: Zipper pouches to store our money in. ($34)
Now I probably wouldn’t have bought ALL of that but I sure did think about it. And that, my friends, is how our budget is blown every single month.