…and we’re back. Again. We spent a long weekend back in Maryland/Pennsylvania visiting family for Christmas. It was a whirlwind of Christmas parties. Friday night we had dinner/presents with my mom’s dad. Saturday we had lunch/presents with my dad’s family. Sunday was spent with the rest of my mom’s family. My favorite moments:
- The kids playing Twister Friday night. My cousin was twisted up and looked like a pretzel on the board.
- The kids playing Hedbanz and everyone getting a good laugh when I got the “I am a pig” card.
- Having a wonderful breakfast made from our hosts so I didn’t have to worry about it.
- Our hosts having special Christmas presents for the girls.
- Getting to meet my cousin’s new little baby and remembering what it feels like to hold a sleeping baby while you eat and telling your birth story ad nauseum.
- Realizing we have two new husbands and one new baby since last Christmas. No boyfriends this year at Christmas!
- Having my grandmother healthy and happy after getting cleared from breast cancer this year.
- Eating a steak sub from D’Atri’s.
- Having Lexi pick up a napkin and try to wipe my hands clean from the messiness of the steak sub.
- Seeing my cousin’s little toddler toddle around and remember what it’s like to have to follow them around every single second.
- And then remember what it’s like for your kids to still have nap time.
- Seeing the kids presents all in stacks, just like we used to.
- Getting a set of my great-grandmother’s dishes from my aunt with homemade cookies on them.
- Playing with my uncle’s iPad. And loving it but still being ok that I don’t have one.
- SNOW TUBING with my family, parents, sister and uncle’s family. The best fun in a really long time. Please see videos below!
- A really, really quiet ride home.
It was a really fantastic weekend.
So this snow tubing…you’ve gotta do it! It takes absolutely no skill whatsoever, it’s fast and fun!
This is me and Emma going down the hill:
It looks slow until you’re on it! Here is Scott and Emma going down:
It’s a must, must do!
Hope your Christmas weeks are going well!