Today was the first physical change to the house for the addition. Scott pulled out the bushes we had on that side of the house. I really thought his truck might split in two dragging the second one out. In fact, it only took out half of it the first time. Here is a video of the second half coming out. You can tell Scott is in his element, I even got a thumbs up and a few Tim the Tool Time Taylor grunts right before the video went on.
In other good news we found a survey in our closing packet so A – we did not have to pay to get a new one and B – we didn’t have to go to the courthouse and get it. We found out we have exactly 20 feet to build on, right what we needed.
Knowing that, he put some stakes and string out to show where the room is going to be. The fence is basically our back wall and the string in the middle is the divider between the bedroom and bathroom/closets. 20×28 sounds big but really I think this whole thing is going to close in on us pretty fast. Not that I’m complaining, it will definitely be bigger than what we have. And our comfort is not really what this is about. But yeah, smaller than it looks on paper.
We also started the process of moving all those pipes and wires from the side of the house. And PS, not really cheap to do all that.
One more update..the designer is still working on the floor plan. Hopefully we’ll have it by the end of the week. We spent some time this weekend looking at materials for the bathroom and trying to figure out what the exterior of this thing is going to look like.