Ever since I did the Daniel Fast I’ve forgone (for the most part) my usual lunches of Chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, leftover pizza or cereal. To say I ate unhealthy was a bit of an understatement. But it was just me and I was always in a hurry while doing other things during my lunch break and I just needed something to get by. And I was a little addicted to Taco Bell. And it’s Mountain Dew.
However, those days are gone and I have been really good at trying to eat something of value. Most of the time, this ends up looking like a kids’ lunch box, usually 3 or 4 snacks rolled into a lunch. There’s nothing profound here but I feel so much better when I’ve eaten off this list! And I guess it’s working because I’ve kept off the 6 pounds I lost during the fast! I have to give a shout-out to Jo-Lynne and Kristi for always inspiring to eat better!
- Carrots with ranch (admittedly the ranch should go)
- Cottage cheese (full fat!)
- Strawberry yogurt with granola (I’ve also heard rave reviews over greek yogurt with honey)
- Mixed nuts (don’t expect any pecans or cashews to be left after my turn!)
- Garlic hummus with pita chips
- Fruit – whatever I have: strawberries, grapes, etc
- Baked potato (with only butter and salt. ok and maybe a little sour cream sometimes)
- Salad with balsamic vinegar and oil
- Tuna salad plain (with Nayonnaise (vegan mayonnaise) instead of Miracle Whip)
- Egg salad plain (with Nayonnaise(vegan mayonnaise) instead of Miracle Whip)
Pretty sure I should have a ton more veggies on there but that is what I’m able to conjure up for now.
What else would you recommend?
Visit ohamanda.com for more Top Ten Lists!