MamaKatsLosinIt had a great post today about her top 10 life stories. You know, the stories that haunt you no matter how old you get and get told over and over. I figured it was as good a time as any to share a few of mine.
- When I was a toddler one Easter morning, I became inconsolable which was very atypical. My parents took me to the hospital only to find out I had a straight pin stuck in my uterus wall. I had emergency surgery and still have a scar about 4” long on my abdomen. I have to tell that one every single time I see a new doctor.
- I ran into a screen door at my great-grandmother’s house and produced the scar on my chin.
- I decided since I loved tuna so much that I would certainly love tuna cat food. I did not like tuna cat food.
- And speaking of cans of food, one time I was trying to open one and when I grabbed the lid to pull it back the rest of the way, it sliced right through my finger. Blood went everywhere and I probably should have had stitches but if I remember right, my dad was in between health coverage.
- Heather and I got in a fight and I pinched her so hard that she still has a few crescent shaped scars on one of her hands.
- I was in the kitchen cutting something and complaining vehemently about the knife not working right. I was using the wrong side. Those triangle tipped ones are confusing!
- I woke up and got ready for school but no one else was up. I went upstairs and told my parents with force that they needed to get up and Heather needed to get up, we were all late!! My mom looks at the clock only to find out I had gotten up and got ready at 3am.
- My friends and I were in the Wal-mart check out line and I mentioned the “Eskimopie” (es-keh-moh-pee) candy bar. Little did I realize it read "Eskimo Pie”.
I didn’t make it to 10 but I’m very sure my family and friends could recall some other ones.