I attended a Creatives Meet-up this summer when Ben Arment and Sarah Cunningham came through Charlotte. Ben and Sarah are part of STORY. It’s a creatives movement in the Christian space. At the meet-up they spent a lot of time talking about movies and while I love a good movie, I’m not really the techy-movie-geek-behind-the-scenes type. A lot of it went over my head. But as I’ve left there I realized what a huge (and awesome!) project they were launching. 1,000 Premieres is an attempt to finance a movie retelling David and Goliath in a fresh, current way. Think of this as a David and Goliath version of 300. No bad actors or corny visuals here. Here are 10 things you need to know:
- The movie is called Four Stones
- The rating is expected to be PG-13 for the battle scenes
- The movie will NOT be launched in theaters.
- The movie will be financed by churches and individuals that buy the right to be a viewing host. They are hoping to have 1,000 sites by January to get to $2 million so the film can be filmed next year. The more money they get, the better this movie will be.
- If you host, you will get a DVD or link to a live-stream the weekend of October 12-14, 2012.
- Here are the costs for the viewing sites:
- Large Event (200+) – $999
- Mid-Size (100 to 199) – $699
- Group Event (50 to 99) – 349
- Small Group (14 to 49) – $199
- Living Room (1 to 14) – $99
- They are working on International Subtitles
- Here is the link for the promo: https://onethousandpremieres.com/watch-promo
- I hear The Rock is going to play Goliath
- I hear Taylor Lautner is going to play David
What else do you need to know??
For you church-folk, get your church on board! If they aren’t interested, you just need 14 of your friends to pay a $7 ticket and you could view this in your own living room with them. Or heck, fork out the $99, pop some popcorn and give 14 of your friends a fantastic movie night. This is going to be awesome!!
This post is linked to ohAmanda’s Top Ten Tuesday