I don’t know how to talk about this week. I decided to jump in–really jump in—and invest in someone.
I don’t know how to talk about that kind of journey without telling a story that’s not mine to tell and I don’t know how not to say anything as it’s impacting me in great ways. It’s also hard to write when you’re too busy on the phone and Internet trying to make things happen.
I will share a few things I’m convinced of (again) after just the past few days:
- For those of us that have been blessed with great parents, we ought to be thankful for their influence and all the resources they throw at us. Please let us not feel entitled to them because they did and do have a choice.
- For those of us that are blessed financially, we need to get to enough and then STOP IT and help someone else with the excess.
- For those of us that are blessed in talents, we need to use them for good when we have the chance.
- We need serious health reform in this country.
- We need to quit making it so darn hard for people in poverty to get help. It’s easy to sit back and say they just need to get a job and while true in some cases, it’s just not in others. I know it’s messy but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.
- We can’t assume someone else is going to help that person. Some people truly do not have a support system around them and you might be their only hope.
- You can’t help rescue someone from the mud and mire without getting smeared with a little mud.
- We all need to floss more.
- Just kidding on that last one but not really.
So I’m sorry for the lack of posting and the vagueness but I’m here. Looking forward to a weekend of rest and hope you have a lovely one yourself.