Hello visiting Allume attendees! We are just 17 days away from seeing each other in person at Allume 2012! Today’s post is especially for the newbies. We put out a call on Friday for you guys to link-up and now it’s time to get busy linking!
Because I want as many newbies included in the link-up I’m leaving the form of your post up to you but here’s a few prompts to consider:
- Do a general intro post—the elevator pitch about you and your blog.
- List the Top 5 things you’re hoping to gain from Allume.
- List the Top 5 things you’re freaking out about and maybe we’ll get some alumni helping us out in your comments.
Still don’t think you can write a post? Just link to your main site! We want to be able to meet you.
As I mentioned before, feel free to join the Facebook Group for Allume Newbies. There’s some great conversation happening!
Since I’m a newbie too I thought I’d post the top 5 things I’m freaking out about:
- I didn’t want to but I’m freaking out a little about my outfits. Ugh, I know it’s so lame. I just want to be comfortable, warm and cute but since it’s my first time, I’m not sure how many outfits I need and how dressy they need to be. Plus, I’m flying and I don’t want to have to check a bag but they keep saying leave room for swag and oh my goodness, I can’t do both without it costing a fortune!
- What if I don’t attend the right break-out session? There are so many great speakers and I’m already having a hard time picking which one I’ll attend. What if I miss the best Allume session ever?? Which sessions are on your list?
- I am really good at sticking my foot in my mouth and being socially awkward. I just really hope I’m able to not look like a dork in front of all of you!
- While I’m SUPER excited to meet so many of you, I’m really hoping to walk away with some knowledge and clarity. I’m just praying that I have my eyes and ears open enough to receive that.
- While the Allume organizers have been amazing about dietary restrictions, I am a tad nervous about being gluten-free at a conference. Any other GF folks making back-up plans?
Any newbies sharing the same concerns? Any alumni want to share some advice?
Ok, enough about me, let’s meet each other! Link up below!