Loonng iPhone Cord
I plug my cord in behind my bed. With the old cord, I’d have to lay on my side at the edge of my bed to read my phone. Now, Scott can read it plugged in on the other side of our King-sized bed if he needs to. It’s pretty great. And wow, I’m entirely spoiled. The good news is these only cost $2.99.
I know, I know, I’m like 3 years late. I always said I didn’t see a need for an iPad but my faithful Kindle finally died this month. I was set to replace it with another basic Kindle but after checking Craigslist, I found a pretty sweet deal on a used iPad 2 and couldn’t resist. Apparently some parent was having a “teachable moment” with her son. Poor kid.
So far I like how the screen is lit so I can read in bed after Scott’s asleep. I’ll be interested to see how much I like it compared to my Kindle when I’m reading outside more in the Summer.
I also really like the Evernote app a lot better than my iPhone since the keyboard is so much larger.
And of course, the kids love it.
Snuggle Fabric Softener
Man, I know this is old school stuff here but I branched out (not far, clearly) to try a different fabric softener and wow, what a difference. Seriously, the entire family is going around sniffing their own clothes.
In January, I posted about the Smokehouse Almonds I’d found that I like. Turns out I like the several of the other flavors. Last time they were on sale, I picked up Smokehouse, Bold Jalapeno Smokehouse, Bold Honey Dijon and Toasted Coconut and they’re all yummy. I eat a handful almost every morning for snack.
Starbucks is offering a new Hazelnut macchiato and I think it’s perfect when you don’t want plain coffee but white mocha is just too sweet. Which, in my case lately is just about anytime.
I tried this scented candle (Boticario de Havana) from Archipelago from the 31 Days to a Heart of Hospitality ebook from LifeinGraceBlog.com and I love it so much. It’s rich and smoky and is perfect for our bedroom. Wait for a sale to pick this up though. It’s kind of pricey for the size. This would also be a great idea for Mother’s Day coming up for yourself.
- Brene Brown’s TED talk on vulnerability is a fascinating 20 minutes. HT to Sarah
- Start with this video on back yard roller coasters and then get lost in YouTube for the next 30 minutes looking at related videos.
- Cynthia shared Top Buttons, a movement for modesty, in the comments of the modesty post this week. I’m into it.
- If you went to church in the 80’s and 90’s the video in this post is REQUIRED VIEWING.
- I’ve been into podcasts this month. So far I’ve added Michael Hyatt, Andy Stanley Leadership and Home Fries from The Simple Mom. Send me your recommendations, podcast listeners.
Make sure to check back mid-April when I join Modern Mrs. Darcy to talk about all the great books I’ve been into lately.
What are YOU into lately?
This post is linked up to LeighKramer.com