If you haven’t watched any video in the last few weeks, this is the one to watch! As far as I can tell right now, this will be the last lesson on feathers. The Lord tied everything together today and has a request for each of us.
If you didn’t get time to watch (oh please, do!), please know that God circled the wagons. These feathers are a reminder of his word in our life. He is calling us to spend time in Scripture, just as the eagle spends time every day cleansing and preparing his feathers by preening–a steaming and oiling process. When we daily are reading his word and letting the Holy Spirit speak to us, this is our oil and water.
It is our daily manna, it is our comfort, it is our provision, it is a reminder of His love, it is how we raise our kids together, it is how we remove sin in our life, it is how we soar higher in a storm. All these things are done by daily reading his word and letting the Holy Spirit speak to us.
I know actually doing this is so hard to do consistently. If you need some next steps:
- IF:Equip is starting right from the beginning of the word in Genesis on Monday. Make a commitment to read along with them for 3 months.
- Our church “just happens” to be starting the entire chronological study of the word this weekend. If you’re local, get to North Rock Hill Church. If you’re not, catch them online and learn his word every week.
- I have done the Bible in 90 Days study several times now and it is the number 1 most transformative thing I’ve done as a Christian. There’s something about reading it quickly that helps you piece together the true story.
- If you have a smartphone, grab the YouVersion app or the SheReadsTruth app. Both are great resources with reading plans. Also, the YouVersion app has an audio options that is very helpful.
- If you need something printable there are lots of reading plans on BibleGateway.com
- I also find it helpful to read a Proverb every day that matches the date since there are 31 of them. You can pick up any day that you missed. So, today read Proverbs 12.
God and all his perfect feathers are there in his word waiting to cover you. Don’t miss him.
Sonja Kemp says
I enjoyed your series on feathers very much! Thank you for opening your heart and sharing this with us.
I have often pondered God’s love of birds, for example: “If you come across a bird’s nest beside the road, either in a tree or on the ground, and the mother is sitting on the young or on the eggs, do not take the mother with the young. You may take the young, but be sure to let the mother go, so that it may go well with you and you may have a long life.” ~ Deut. 22:6-7 NIV
Wow! Making sure that the birds were protected ranked right up there with honoring our parents!
Perhaps your insight on feathers sheds some light on God’s care and provision for our feathered friends. (Matt. 10:29) I am thankful that the God who sees the sparrow fall knows just what we need each day and will supply that need as we read His word, trust His heart and hold His hand.
Love and blessings…