Welcome to the launch of my new blog home, AmyJBennett.com! I am so excited to have made this jump and so glad you are here!
First, we have a little housekeeping for our new home. Here are some things you’ll want to know:
- Everything that was on Permission to Peruse should be moved over here. All links pointing to amyjbennett.com should automatically forward to this site.
- If you subscribe in email, you do not need to resubscribe but you will see a new title and a new look.
- If you subscribe in RSS, you WILL need to resubscribe to http://feeds.feedblitz.com/amyjbennett. I need to apologize because I thought it would be seamless for you but it’s not.
- Like the new Facebook page. I’m most nervous about this since it means I’m starting from scratch. I’ve added incentive (and celebration) for you to go to the page and like it. There is a new tab on the Facebook page that says Giveaway. You have to like the page to see it. Just click there, enter your email and you’ll be entered to win one of FIVE $5 Starbucks gift cards. Share it with your friends—I’m sure you have a few that would like a free cup of coffee!
OK, housekeeping done!
I spent the last year or more wrestling with blogging. After 10 years, I laid it on the table with God and said here, do you want my time elsewhere now? He’s handed it back to me every time I’ve asked.
Given that, in the last 9 months or so I’ve spent a lot of time with several different mentors of sorts which has all led to this leap.
I now have a clear vision of why I’m blogging.
While I have so much to learn, I finally believe that I am a writer.
I’m excited to continue creating community with you.
I feel like God is doing something new and has great plans.
The name and design change are just an outer reflection of what has happened behind the scenes.
Here are some key inputs that have made a difference:
- Blog critique by Christin Slade. Christin did a great job giving feedback on how I could improve my design.
- The Allume conference absolutely was key in helping me give myself permission to be who I was.
- I joined Jeff Goins’ Tribe Writers group last year and learned so much about writing and building a tribe.
- I reached out to Anne as a mentor and her input has been vital.
- I completed 4 weeks of e-coaching with Holley Gerth and I can’t even begin to tell you how valuable the brand guide and growth plan we produced has been—actually, I do want to tell you about the growth plan this week. Without doubt, her coaching was a turning point. Her books You are Already Amazing and You’re Made for a God-sized Dream are also fantastic resources and would be great for someone who might not be able to do the e-coaching—God totally provided that opportunity for me.
- After meeting with Holley, I formed a small Advisory Board of faithful, long-time readers who could come alongside me and help plan. What a difference this has made.
- The many, many cups of coffee with friends, blog posts, podcasts and books I’ve consumed that I can’t even begin to list.
If there is one thing I have learned it’s that you can’t be a blogger on your own. You have to have the courage to ask for help and be willing to learn from others.
My biggest hope is what has always been there but is now reflected in the new tagline—that we can share life together and grow alongside one another. I want you to feel like the two of us are sitting down for coffee every day and whether we laugh or cry or just share silly stories that we’re encouraged by one another as friends.
Thank you for showing up.
I think it’s time I reintroduce myself. I’m Amy J. Bennett and the “J” is for Jo.