Yeah, so I’m going to be talking about Catalyst for a while I suppose. Just to start I thought I’d make a list for you (but mostly me) of organizations that Catalyst promoted. I’m planning to research many of them in depth that I feel called to but you might have a heart for a different ministry. Here’s a quick overview.
- Operation Christmas Child. No stranger to many of us. Fill a shoebox for a child for Christmas.
- Compassion. Definitely not a stranger to this blog or to you probably. Sponsor a child for only $38 a month. Catalyst had a graduate of Compassion there who is now sponsoring another child. Do it. Do it, do it, do it. I LOVE Compassion.
- CharityWater.org. They reminded me a lot of blood:water mission who we are supporting through the Sisterhood of the Traveling Belt. Very worthy cause to say the least.
- A21Campaign.org – Helps women who have been a victim of human trafficking.
- Street Grace – Atlanta based group that help children who have been victims of trafficking.
- Tronie Foundation – Survivor led organization to support survivors of trafficking.
- First Response Team – A group that responds to United States natural disasters to aid local responders do their jobs.
- 143Million.org – Brings awareness to the 143 million orphans across the world that need adopted.
- Project 7 – A company that sells COFFEE where a part of it goes to charity.
- aHomeInHaiti – They provide shelter to homeless Haitians.
Here’s the thing. I KNOW that’s a lot. But as Helen Keller said, “I may not be able to do everything, but still I can do something”. Yes, I feel overwhelmed with all the ways we can help make a difference. But not understanding all the ways doesn’t mean I can’t understand at least ONE way.
So pick one.
Start a small monthly donation to one. And then add another when you can. Having any number of options should not lead us to no options. Do something.
So I’ll start the thinking process for you…which one jumps out at you as you read the list? Go ahead, put it in the comments.
For me, obviously Compassion is really close to my heart but sex trafficking has been heavy on my heart for weeks leading up to Catalyst. A21Campaign, Street Grace and Tronie Foundation were a big bright neon sign to me. I’ll be posting more about them in coming days. Stay tuned!
Read more Top Ten Tuesday posts over at ohamanda.com.